free website stats program Blocking the Wind (unique) | Harley Davidson Forums

Blocking the Wind (unique)

Randall K. Wilson

Found this on the net. Do you think this is custom made, or can this windshield/fairing be purchased? I have never seen anything like this (in the flesh). Most interested in learning more about this device/product. Perhaps this machine may belong to a member of this forum?
Fairingonharley.jpg

Found this on the net. Do you think this is custom made, or can this windshield/fairing be purchased? I have never seen anything like this (in the flesh). Most interested in learning more about this device/product. Perhaps this machine may belong to a member of this forum?
Fairingonharley.jpg

I would say all the leather is custom, the fairing looks like it was added on to a Q/C windshield and it matches the lowers and the bags. Nice looking job if you like that look, olsCOOL:57:

Last edited:
I would say all the leather is custom, the fairing looks like it was added on to a Q/C windshield and it matches the lowers and the bags. Nice looking job if you like that look, olsCOOL:57:

Now the bags I know were made by IRON Bags in Wisconsin. I have some like those without the fringe.

It is a bit wild, but makes a lot of sense regarding "The Look"...makes the bike look like a full on dresser, but the QR windscreen makes it convertable...! Reminds me of the old convertible top daze...:s

I haven't seen anything like that either, but I saved the picture anyway. I have an itch to get a RK and I save all kinds of bagger pictures, just in case I should actually have time to deck one out.

I remember seeing something like that when I was very young, a loooooooooong time ago. One of my dad's friends had a Harley, probably a newer panhead but I can't remember if the shield was leather or maybe canvas. I can't say if it came from the factory or was home made, but back then a motorcycle was usually the only transportation some people had. It took real dedication to ride them all winter and I remember seeing an ad for winter riding gear for motorcycles.

Back