free website stats program BLM - BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT camping | Harley Davidson Forums

BLM - BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT camping

BOBFLHTC

As my retirement approahes Lord willing in a few years I am entertaining the idea of traveling in a truck camper and I stumbled on information about the use of Public lands for camping. This summer I am planning a cycle trip out west and was wondering if anyone has experience camping out on BLM land ? From what I've read you can stay in one place for up to 14 days for free or is a permit required ? I'm in the information gathering stage but it sounds like a option. Thanks - Bob

Bob we stayed at Quartzsite Arizona on BLM land after the Jan - March flood of RVers. It was great, we just drove in and picked a spot to park our rig. When we were there, there were only 3 rv's but in the Jan - Mar there would be 50000 units in that area. Everyone uses solar panels and windturbines and batteries for power. Some areas you have to buy a permit and other areas are totaly free. If you are traveling this summer in the area and you are tenting you will have to be aware of rattle snakes and scorpions in the desert. If I can tell you more send me a PM
Ken

If you go to blm.gov you can type in camping in the search box and you'll be able to read the terms in general, as well as search by state.

blm.gov

Back