free website stats program Blinking Indicators!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Blinking Indicators!!!

Jellymule79

Hey all...
Recently purchased an 04 Electra Glide Classic. 33k miles.
Stage 2, Ultima six speed transmission.
Just had the 30k mile maintenance done.
Every once in a while I'll get the 6 fast blinks from the indicators. Just filled it up, when I fired the engine, it backfired then started fine. Bike doesn't show any other symptoms of poor performance. What should I do? Should I be concerned? I thank you in advance.

Wow, that is a plethora of useful information!
So, the way it sounds... You almost don't really need a "scanner" like the ones used for cars and trucks. I'll do this when I get home. Thank you a million times over.

Wow, that is a plethora of useful information!
So, the way it sounds... You almost don't really need a "scanner" like the ones used for cars and trucks. I'll do this when I get home. Thank you a million times over.
No you dont, the self help section has tons of info for you

If it is the turn signal indicators flashing would it not be a security fob or security system issue????

now is this strictly just for bikes that have security systems?

Another question... If at any point in time, it was throwing a code, i.e. -O2 sensor- if the O2 sensor is no longer an issue, but the code was never cleared... Will it still give me the 6 blinker flashes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another question... If at any point in time, it was throwing a code, i.e. -O2 sensor- if the O2 sensor is no longer an issue, but the code was never cleared... Will it still give me the 6 blinker flashes?
It should not be tied in, the blinking is tied into the security or the turn signal module

Back