free website stats program blinker problem | Harley Davidson Forums

blinker problem

trnman32

When I purchased my bike the previous owner removed the front blinkers,and when you turn the rear blinkers on right or left it blows the fuse to all the dash instruments. Its a 2006 fatboy any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I purchased my bike the previous owner removed the front blinkers,and when you turn the rear blinkers on right or left it blows the fuse to all the dash instruments. Its a 2006 fatboy any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dead short somewhere. Track it down.

TQ

Find where the wires are cut that should be the dead short TQ suggested, make sure with a test light:D

If the previous owner just "amputated" the wires and removed the hardware, you could have loose wiring. If he "wrapped and insulated" or pinched wires in the process, you will see this...be sure to check the wire looms and passthru areas in the fork area and rear fender wiring areas as well. Simple DMM using voltage checks or preferrably using unpowered bike and ohmmeter (continuity/shorts) checks. Suitable DMM can be had for under $5 at Harbor Freight.

Back