Blew right side fork seal!

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by dvndogbagger, Aug 28, 2010.

1. dvndogbagger

dvndogbagger Member

So I was adjusting air pressure in the front end and put in about 10 lbs cause it was flat, after 4 days with pressure I went for a put today and noticed oil all over the place.

Should I continue to ride? I know the steering is a whisker harder but tomorrow is going to be 90 and awesome. I will bring it in this week for the seal work but good weather up north here is going to be few and far between.

Any ideas?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Riding with a blown fork seal yes or no? Should I dump the remainder of the air in the front so the other seal doesn't go?

I would love to still ride it today, and I will probably will ride it in for service.

I don't want to damage anything else though.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010
  2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

We all know and accept that riding our bikes is riskier than going for a spin in the car. Riding a bike with a known mechanical defect increases the risk factor - sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Me, I would ride it slowly and carefully to the dealer if that's how you need to get it repaired. I wouldn't go for a joy ride on it or take a passenger along.

3. dvndogbagger

dvndogbagger Member

Thanks,

would you happen to know if the seals in a bagger are serviceable? From what I am reading it almost seems not.

Thanks for the advice.