free website stats program Bless the Bikes Day | Harley Davidson Forums

Bless the Bikes Day

DDogg

A church by me (one I don't belong too) is having a Bless your Bike day at the church. I figured, I need all the help I can get. With cell phones, GPS systems and the occasional lunch eating, we need extra care in watching the cages since they don't watch out for us. I was wondering if anyone else has had their bike blessed. I figured, it surely can't hurt and like I said, we need all the help we can get. I have my bell, but a blessing would make it complete. Safe riding to all and be careful out there.

The Blessing Of The Bikes scheduled at Honey Dew Donuts in Wakefield (MA) was rescheduled to next Sunday, 24May, due to rain.

A church in town has been doing this for over 10 years, sponsored by the local HD dealer. Start from the dealers, ride through the country, end up at the church. Short service, free BBQ lunch, then get your bike blessed if you want. I alternate bikes each year, want it to be fresh if I need it :D

We had one in the ohio area (dayton) over the weekend. Over 6000 bikes showed up... so something must be right about it..... :D

ddogg, just got back from 36th Blessing of the bike at Baldwin Michigan. 40,000+ bikes!! A great time, beautiful ride up north, happens every year weekend after mothers day. didnt actually attend the blessing Sunday though(40000 hung-over bikers parking in an airport ) but I feel blessed ! All kinds of folk-typical of what biking is about, some really need a bleesing once in a while!

ddogg, just got back from 36th Blessing of the bike at Baldwin Michigan. 40,000+ bikes!! A great time, beautiful ride up north, happens every year weekend after mothers day. didnt actually attend the blessing Sunday though(40000 hung-over bikers parking in an airport ) but I feel blessed ! All kinds of folk-typical of what biking is about, some really need a bleesing once in a while!

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure I mark it down and go next year. The blessing I attended was it's first. They were surprised at the turn out since the only advertisement was a short nip on the radio. That's were I heard about it. We had about 500 bikes turn out. And as a previous post, the church the held the blessing had some good eats and drinks. It was very enjoyable. We all walked around admiring each others bikes and made alot of new friends. Having the man up stairs admire your bike, it doesn't get any better than that.

I went to two this year! One was really cool, the pastor blessed not only the bike, but the tires, the seat, the windshield, and the rider (Cross of annointing oil on head, hands and boots). It was pretty cool!

Back