free website stats program black spots on left ankle | Harley Davidson Forums

black spots on left ankle

sporty08

getiing small spots on left cuff looks like small dirty oil spots. can't see any leaks and the oil is clean in eng. could it be the clutch cable, no drips on floor foot of kickstand also has spots. black gritty fairly dry not wet like oil. any ideas??? thanks

getiing small spots on left cuff looks like small dirty oil spots. can't see any leaks and the oil is clean in eng. could it be the clutch cable, no drips on floor foot of kickstand also has spots. black gritty fairly dry not wet like oil. any ideas??? thanks
Check your fork seals. Also, if you have had a recent service, you might have some grease being extruded from your fork neck.

Enjoy,
Rich P

foot of kickstand also has spots. black gritty fairly dry not wet like oil. any ideas??? thanks

Could it be road tar? Summer temps, get it almost liquid in places. Especially if you live where there are tar snakes (patches). Or maybe you are riding more in the center of the lane where there's more oil?

too consistent. last 5-6 times its happened. it's not tar. it looks like almost a wet powder, cable lube? there's spots on the case before the clutch cable attaches.no dripping anywhere.

fork seals ok. if it was anything on the road, it would be on both sides. it only shows up on left foot

Last edited by a moderator:

If it's getting on the kickstand could be leaking at bottom of the primary case? Have you checked shifter shaft? Have you put it on a stand and looked uderneath? Also might want to check oil lines at the oil tank. Just beacause oil in motor is clean doesn't mean it'll be clean after getting exosed to the elements. I'd have a good look underneath the bike and wipe it with a rag to see if it continues. Gotta be coming from somewhere! :s

It wouldn't be brake dust would it have you changed brand of brake pads recently

Brian

Clean off the clutch cable where it goes in the primary and go for a long ride, after you check the fluid level ans report back:s

That's my thought as well. (OhOh, does that mean I'm gonna start talking funny now?)

Once i get it completed i will send you a language pack so that you can start integrating a few good words into your everyday vocabulary and after a wee while you may start to use them naturally :p

Brian

That's my thought as well. (OhOh, does that mean I'm gonna start talking funny now?)

It wouldn't be brake dust would it have you changed brand of brake pads recently

Brian

Parden me for my ignorance but how would brake dust show up on your anklle as black spots like he explained?
"getiing small spots on left cuff looks like small dirty oil spots. can't see any leaks and the oil is clean in eng. could it be the clutch cable, no drips on floor foot of kickstand also has spots. black gritty fairly dry not wet like oil. any ideas??? thanks "

Just saying.

Back