free website stats program Black oil filter question? | Harley Davidson Forums

Black oil filter question?

risuperglide

Today I received some Black Harley Davidson oil filters in the mail that I bought from E-Bay. HD Part #63731-99A SuperPremium 5 for my Twin-Cam 96! I had a Chrome Filter already in my closet stock that I got from the HD dealer & it has the HD small Bar & Shield stamped into the inside base of the filter above the screw in threads. I looked at the black filters that arrived in the HD boxes & they have "AA" stamped into the base rather than the HD Bar & Shield? They look exactly like the chrome filter other than the Bar & Shield stamping. My question is did the seller de-fraud me by putting a HD clone filter into aN original HD oil filter box?.........I am very observant & check over everything.....Does anybody have a plain black HD filter to check for me?...
Thanks in advance!.....:sd

i have a black one i am looking now and it has the bar and logo hd on it looks like you have been duped

i have a black one i am looking now and it has the bar and logo hd on it looks like you have been duped

That's what I thought too! I thought every genuine HD part has the Bar & Shield logo! Those two filters are going into the trash container! I will not use anything but HD parts on my motor or Bike!......Thanks!....:coffee

Today I received some Black Harley Davidson oil filters in the mail that I bought from E-Bay. HD Part #63731-99A SuperPremium 5 for my Twin-Cam 96! I had a Chrome Filter already in my closet stock that I got from the HD dealer & it has the HD small Bar & Shield stamped into the inside base of the filter above the screw in threads. I looked at the black filters that arrived in the HD boxes & they have "AA" stamped into the base rather than the HD Bar & Shield? They look exactly like the chrome filter other than the Bar & Shield stamping. My question is did the seller de-fraud me by putting a HD clone filter into aN original HD oil filter box?.........I am very observant & check over everything.....Does anybody have a plain black HD filter to check for me?...
Thanks in advance!.....:sd

I have a whole case of HD filters I'd bought two years ago, so I'll check them when I get home tonight and see what they have.

It's quite possible they'd sold you the Champion brand of filter since Champion makes the HD SuperPremium filter. It's also possible you've been duped with a clone brand of filter. Might also call your local dealer and have them check on the new filters in case there has been a change.

That's what I thought too! I thought every genuine HD part has the Bar & Shield logo! Those two filters are going into the trash container! I will not use anything but HD parts on my motor or Bike!......Thanks!....:coffee

Humans really try my patients at times!.........:devil

The oil filter I have that I bought last week from dealer has the bar and shield stamped on the filter's base.

I have an old black on the shelf for Evo motor it too is stamped AA still in original box

I just checked my old stock and yes they are stamped AA. There OEM from hd steelership from the late 70's

So the filters would be 30 micron for the Evo engines, and not the 5 micron needed on the Twin Cams.

Suggest gifting them to a friend with an Evo engine and start over at your dealer.

So the filters would be 30 micron for the Evo engines, and not the 5 micron needed on the Twin Cams.

Suggest gifting them to a friend with an Evo engine and start over at your dealer.

I will be gifting them to the trash barrel as I write this! I hate being duped!.....:bigsmiley31:

Back