free website stats program Black Hills Rally | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Black Hills Rally

Did you say rattlesnake?
St. Augustine Find - Huge Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake
WAP.gif

:p OK now you are scarring me, that is WAY to close to my home

Ha.. No interest in climbing it either. That's just crazy talk. Sounds like one of those, "Here, hold my beer & watch this" kind of things to me lol

It's really hard for me to pick any one favorite ride in the Black Hills/Badlands. I avoid the area during the rally though, since I don't like to share with the crowds. :p

we've been on a fair majority of the roads in the area...a few that aren'n on the map. only ones I can say i dont enjoy are i
I-90 from rapid to sturgis, and lazelle anytime after lunch. the wife and i rode out 2 years ago alone, the week before...1200 miles just in the "area" and not a bad mile anywhere....ride vanoyker canyon as well if you get the chance, used to be lesser known till they paved the last couple miles on the north end. Also, 85 from cheyenne crossing to four corners is really a pretty good run, rode it this year on the way in from wyoming....

we've been on a fair majority of the roads in the area...a few that aren'n on the map. only ones I can say i dont enjoy are i
I-90 from rapid to sturgis, and lazelle anytime after lunch. the wife and i rode out 2 years ago alone, the week before...1200 miles just in the "area" and not a bad mile anywhere....ride vanoyker canyon as well if you get the chance, used to be lesser known till they paved the last couple miles on the north end. Also, 85 from cheyenne crossing to four corners is really a pretty good run, rode it this year on the way in from wyoming....

Hi Rydit,

Haa yeah, the I90 isn't as glorious as the secondary roads but beats the local freeways here in So Cal. I'll look into that Vanoyker canyon. If its a secondary road I'm in lol. Do like the stops all around the area. Lots of good interesting things to see & do.

The wildlife loop road in Custer State Park for great scenery and many critters. I had a pronghorn run along beside me for about a half mile, thought that was great. I also had a bison charge me, he didn't miss by much. That wasn't so great but sure was memorable. I was putting by a herd and as soon as I made eye contact with a young bull he dropped his head and came at me. I cracked it and got out of the way but it was close.

Back