free website stats program Bitchin Baggers | Harley Davidson Forums

Bitchin Baggers

09ultra

Banned
Has anyone here had any experience with a company called "Bitchin Baggers"? They claim they can take shocks off a touring bike (Ultra) and lower up tp 2.5" with no compromised ride and gauranteed not to rub or effect wiring harnesses. Their web page shows the pictures, and they use the original shock. $175.00. Anyone know anything about these guys?

Bitchin Baggers

I have heard of them but don't know what type of work they do.

Any lowering of a shock will at some point give you a problem of sorts whether it's scraping the ground or in excess damaging the harness under the fender.

Don't know anything about them but they obviously passed the forum guidelines for profanity! Must have been a close call!

I called and they answered. He told me that the way he mods the shock, the stop remains the same. He absolutely gaurantee's it will not (Can't) touch the fender or wiring harness. He did say if you go past 1.5" with two up you risk bottoming the shock if on a bumpy road. He said if I go 1.25" like I am thinking about, it will have minimal effect and the ride not compromised. He said he thought the ride actually improves untill you get past 1.5". He also told me that if I do it and am not completely satisfiied, he will refund money and send me a new set of stock shocks. If you read the testimonials, it seems legit. I am thinking about doing this. All I am looking for is to get flat footed. HD progressive only give you .75" and nearly $400. This is $175. Not jumping just yet, but I am close. I will wait till I hear some more feedback as I am not a wrench and do not want to make a mistake.

Give the bike some time to settle in and the seat compact a bit. You may not even need lower shocks.

Also don't forget any change in ride height may effect handling also with the front end up a bit higher than the back, wind lift and that sort of thing. Only giving you some input, not trying to discourage you.

I called and they answered. He told me that the way he mods the shock, the stop remains the same. He absolutely gaurantee's it will not (Can't) touch the fender or wiring harness. He did say if you go past 1.5" with two up you risk bottoming the shock if on a bumpy road. He said if I go 1.25" like I am thinking about, it will have minimal effect and the ride not compromised. He said he thought the ride actually improves untill you get past 1.5". He also told me that if I do it and am not completely satisfiied, he will refund money and send me a new set of stock shocks. If you read the testimonials, it seems legit. I am thinking about doing this. All I am looking for is to get flat footed. HD progressive only give you .75" and nearly $400. This is $175. Not jumping just yet, but I am close. I will wait till I hear some more feedback as I am not a wrench and do not want to make a mistake.

Sounds like a great business to deal with who will stand behind their product. However, be VERY careful putting to much emphasis on testimonials!

Well, he did say that at 1.5" I could expect bottoming out, which is in line with your comment a 1.6". If I did decdide to do this, I would not exceed 1.25" as that would be sufficient to acheive flat footed. I will wait and see. There has been much talk of ride deteriation as a result of lowering, but from what I have read it is mostly with lowering of greater magnitude. I agree about testimonials, they only post the good ones!

My last bike was a deuce that was lowered 1" from the factory. It rode like a brick but it was a fast brick.

Some input on the other side of the coin.

For my last bike, a 2004 Ultra, I bought one of those $60 lowering kits from eBay. Go ahead, groan Glider....

Grooooooooan!:D

Back