free website stats program bird watching anybody? | Harley Davidson Forums

bird watching anybody?

broncobob

after riding my 2007 ultra as soon as i kill the engine there is a whisle that comes from the engine, actully it sounds like it comes from the throttle body. i told the service writer at the local dealer and he said that it might be the exhaust valve closing too soon and not to worry about it. it sounds just like a bird and its pretty loud but it dosen't make the sound all the time. maybe about 80% of the time. its not temputure related because it does it regardless of outside temp. anybody else have a bird hiding in their bike? this has been going on since the bike was new and i have close to 30k on it now.

Mine does it and it's bone stock. Yep 80% of the time. Nothing to worry about.

If when you kill the engine, it's on a compression stroke, it rolls back a bit and blows back through the throttle body. The closed butterfly and IAC port acts like a whistle. That's my theory on how it happens. (?)

Is the air cleaner properly installed and the seal not distorted?????

I have an 05 RG and it did it when it was stock and after I installed the K&N, true duals and cams. Bike has 62,000mi with no problems, just that pesky bird.

& I thought this was a bird watching thread...like when your riding & they fly at you..

Mine does it and it's bone stock. Yep 80% of the time. Nothing to worry about.

If when you kill the engine, it's on a compression stroke, it rolls back a bit and blows back through the throttle body. The closed butterfly and IAC port acts like a whistle. That's my theory on how it happens. (?)

You sure come up with some good answers! :worthy

:woot: :woot: :woot: :54: :54: :54: 07 UC did it with the stock A/C and does it with the A.N. - not all the time , just once in awhile.

And i saw a flock of geese stopped on the back side of the hill last night when i was out with the dog they often stop there for a rest and some food during migration :)

Brian

Back