Billet Oil Cooler

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by schmitty, Oct 9, 2009.

1. schmitty

schmitty Member

I'm researching oil coolers for my new FLHTCU, and I'm wondering if anyone recommends the S600 from BilletCool? Seems very simple in design, and very little to go wrong. How would it compare to the Jagg? Thanks in advance.

2. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

3. schmitty

schmitty Member

Sorry, I can't post links until I have five posts. You can Google it (BilletCool). Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Get the Jagg or save your money.

6. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

+1 on the pass.

Glider,
    Jagg over HD? Just curious of your opinion. THX.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2009
  7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Pretty much the same thing. Don't know if they still do but Jagg made the HD units.

8. B-1B_Guy

B-1B_Guy Junior Member

I like my HD cooler. Install was pretty easy but the torque value for the inner bolt was low (for me). I had to overtorque the bolt to stop the leaks but it hasn't leaked a drop since.

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

BilletCool looks to be too small surface area to provide much cooling. :noStick with the HD cooler...

HD already has one that fits your new HD with built in thermostat to prevent overcooling and made to fit your machine to a tee! They are also slightly better priced than the Jagg and were at one time made by them for HD. :33:

10. hoggy25

hoggy25 Active Member

If you go with the HD (which I did and recommend too) cooler make sure you have an 7/16" hex socket so you can torque down the adapter. I had to do a lot of searching locally to find one. Easy to find online though. 3/8 and 1/2 are common.