free website stats program Bikes, Booze, and Broads | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bikes, Booze, and Broads

I was in EMS and LE for years. I can only say that it doesn't matter whose fault the accident is, yours, theirs, or nobody's, the biker loses. You can have a beer or two and head home in a cage and you will most likely make it. Do the same on a bike and your chances are lower. The degree of skill necessary to ride a bike is greater. We have had two motorcycle fatalities in my city in the last two weeks. Both were "hit the curb, flipped, and died" scenarios. Both were drinking.

Around here I have a hard and fast rule: The riding ends when the first beer is opened.

Strom

Almost 19 years now since my last drink. The world is a much better place without me drinking, lol! We'd come in from fishing and spend our 5 days home completely blitzed. Riding the bikes or driving the cars while drunk was the norm and we didn't think twice about it. I was damn lucky I didn't hurt anyone while being a complete idiot.

Almost 19 years now since my last drink. The world is a much better place without me drinking, lol! We'd come in from fishing and spend our 5 days home completely blitzed. Riding the bikes or driving the cars while drunk was the norm and we didn't think twice about it. I was damn lucky I didn't hurt anyone while being a complete idiot.

Tat' Congrat's on your 19 years. I've known a lot of people that have been "dry" for a long time and I know it isn't always easy.

If you have ever lost one of your family from a drunk driver this would be a NO BRAINER The PAIN rips the WHOLE FAMILY up!!!!!!!!!

Most people who drink and ride try to make their mark in the world. In alot of cases they succeed. At least the red smear they left behind on the pavement tells their life story. They were born, rode a bike, drank and died. Just a short eulogy sums it all up.

I'm showing this video to my 17 yr old, that drives my truck and rides my wifes sporty (I know he is into the tune). Anything that might make him see how easy and fast these so called accidents happen. By the way,THERE ARE NO ACCIDENTS

Back