free website stats program Bikers beware of hotel scams | Harley Davidson Forums

Bikers beware of hotel scams

TCSTD

Account Removed
I posted this on another forum and I feel the need to post it here also. Last August, we reserved rooms for the Sturgis Rally in 2011. We were given a confirmation number saying we had the rooms reserved and everything was ok. We got an email a few days ago saying the room rates had increased almost $1000 for a 7 day stay. I didn't think that was right so I called customer service for the hotel chain and filed a complaint. I got a phone call back today saying that technically what they did was wrong. They can't increase the rates from our orignal confirmed prices. I was also told by one of the higher ups with the hotel chain that we still had our rooms at the original price and just to keep the receipts and they would reemburse us for the extra charges. By saying something, we saved almost $1000. This made me think and also the reason for this post. If this happened to us, how many others have had this same thing happen to them without them knowing it. So I would suggest that if rooms are reserved in advance beware of being over charged on your card and not catching it. Granted, this is the first time we have heard of it but I wonder how many others might have been stuck like this. We are getting our money back, have you?

I posted this on another forum and I feel the need to post it here also. Last August, we reserved rooms for the Sturgis Rally in 2011. We were given a confirmation number saying we had the rooms reserved and everything was ok. We got an email a few days ago saying the room rates had increased almost $1000 for a 7 day stay. I didn't think that was right so I called customer service for the hotel chain and filed a complaint. I got a phone call back today saying that technically what they did was wrong. They can't increase the rates from our orignal confirmed prices. I was also told by one of the higher ups with the hotel chain that we still had our rooms at the original price and just to keep the receipts and they would reemburse us for the extra charges. By saying something, we saved almost $1000. This made me think and also the reason for this post. If this happened to us, how many others have had this same thing happen to them without them knowing it. So I would suggest that if rooms are reserved in advance beware of being over charged on your card and not catching it. Granted, this is the first time we have heard of it but I wonder how many others might have been stuck like this. We are getting our money back, have you?

I would at the very least want the offer by the "higher up" in writing. I think that your having to wait for a reimbursment is not something I would want. If the parent company is sincere why not ask them to pay the difference up front to the place you are staying so that you are not out of pocket for who knows how long. I'm not saying that the offer to reimburse you was not honest, but why should you be out the difference untill someone decides to send you a check?

Appreciate the alert. After reading this, I guess I need to keep an eye out on a couple of reservations I have. Thanks!

I would at the very least want the offer by the "higher up" in writing. I think that your having to wait for a reimbursment is not something I would want. If the parent company is sincere why not ask them to pay the difference up front to the place you are staying so that you are not out of pocket for who knows how long. I'm not saying that the offer to reimburse you was not honest, but why should you be out the difference untill someone decides to send you a check?
Thanks, I understand what you are saying. When they call back I plan on trying to get them to email me their plans so I can have a record of them and also hold them to it if they seem to forget.

This is an update on this post. I just got off the phone with the manager of the hotel and we got the rooms for the original price. I also asked them to email us with the new details so we would have a record of the change back to the original rates. I guess it does pay to speak out once in awhile when something isn't right and it is also a nice way to start the weekend.

have a nice weekend

Back