free website stats program Biker Friendly | Harley Davidson Forums

Biker Friendly

Gas Gauge

I invited my brother (lives in Las Vegas) to go on a road trip with me from Sugar Land, TX to Key West, FL the last week of October (he wants to fly to Houston and try to pick-up a used bike and ride it). We will hug the Gulf Coast and stop to visit friends & relatives along the way (Houma LA, Tampa FL, Lakeland FL, Miami FL), looking at 2-weeks round trip.

I've been inspired by Retired Jake and 09UltraSteve, this will be my first road trip ever, just started riding again after 25 years of raising girls (including college).

How do I find out what hotels, restaurants, etc. are biker friendly along the way? Is there anything on the web? What dealerships do you recommend I take the address & phone numbers who I can depend on along the way?

Is there any biker friendly trip planning web sites that point out these things as well as points of interest along the planned route? I used Bing Maps (old MS Maps) but wasn't happy. Also tried to do a screen shot of the route map so y'all could see it, but wasn't able to post a bit map to my album and attach it.

I'm still learning how to use this site. In spite of Glider and Hobbit trying to help.

gas_gauge-albums-my_harley-picture1679-electra_glide_1.gif

The Harley web site has a ride planner, and it can show hotels, gas stations, and dealerships. It works pretty well once you get the hang of it.

I was going to say the HOG web site,I'm useing it to plan our clubs trip to Valencia in Spain next year.like been said,its a good tool once you get it sussed.

Sounds like someone is headed to the Fantasy Fest :D

Hadn't heard of that until you mentioned it (googled it), looks like it will be over the weekend before I arrive. That's good though, I'm more into just sitting around and being mellow. I'm just an old parrot-head who feels like visiting the mother ship.

Back