free website stats program Biker defends himself | Harley Davidson Forums

Biker defends himself

I hope it stays self-defense, lots of times just because a handgun is involved things get turned in a wrong direction by the prosecutor.

I hope it stays self defense. I wonder if he had a license to carry and was covered on that front.

Bad news & hope the "true" story evolves in the end. Hate to see the wrong person get the "craftier" legal eagle.

This is why I'm glad I left the DC-metro area b/c road rage & vehicle altercations were, and still are, a huge problem. Doesn't matter if it's a small projectile (bullet), or multi-ton one (vehicle) - someone's gonna lose.:small3d023:

Even if the guy is found innocent his wallet will be a lot lighter. The guys family will probly sue and the lawyers fees won't be cheap. Another reason to avoid trouble if possible. Call the police if nothing more than to have a record you were trying to avoid a confrontation. Just my 2 cents worth

That's a bad deal. Even if the biker had a permit to carry, he can't carry in a bar. Hopefully it's self defense but he's gonna be in serious trouble in one way or another.

While the actions of the driver(s) initiated the event, the motorcyclist did not by his actions instigate the reaction by the two occupants of the pickup truck. He broke off any contact and proceeded to his destination. the fact that the two followed him will help his case in the end.

But unfortunately the case will be investigated and possibly be presented to a Grand Jury after review by the Prosecutor (based on my NJ experiences). I don't see a finding of indictment unless facts not currently known surface. The motorcyclist will be represented at a not inconsequential cost.

Back