free website stats program bike wont take fuel | Harley Davidson Forums

bike wont take fuel

nascar7613

This bike is not a Harley. It is a 2005 Hell Bound Steel chopper with a 117 S&S sidewinder engine, S&S Super G carb and S&S IST ignition system. Rode the bike for 75 miles or so, no problems. Stopped for a couple hours at a friends house. Came back out, started the bike, ran fine for a mile or so. Stopped at a stop sign and when I tried to take off the bike stalled. Started right back up, but would not take fuel. If I tried to take off it would stall. The bike will idle all day long, and I can slowly give it throttle until the engine is running about 1500 rpms, after that it stalls. Took off the carb and disassembled it, very clean, no signs of any problems. Getting fire at the plugs, although the plugs are black. It seems to be an electrical problem to me, but I cant find it. Just thought someone here might have some ideas.

when you look in the carb and twist throttle, is it squirting gas?

accelerator pump??? I'm kinda fishing here.

The plugs are black= too much fuel, recheck the carb adjustments pay attention to float height

The plugs are black= too much fuel, recheck the carb adjustments pay attention to float height

Guess I was thinking the plugs were black before the problem and not a flooding condition.

Are the plugs wet with fuel?

I'm not thinking electrical if the bike is idling tho.

The accelerator pump is shooting fuel. I dont know if the plugs were black prior to this problem. What makes me think its electrical is that it happened all of the sudden, there was no forewarning at all.

The accelerator pump is shooting fuel. I dont know if the plugs were black prior to this problem. What makes me think its electrical is that it happened all of the sudden, there was no forewarning at all.

Is this an EVO bottom end with nose cone ignition module?

Well, it looks like an evo style nosecone, but there is no module or anything inside, no wires coming out the bottom. The ignition module is an s&s IST which stands for intelligent spark technology. The plug on it looks like the plugs that go into an ecm, it has a crank sensor, and it has a plug that looks like the diagnostic plug on a harley.

S&S carbs you don't need to use the enricher after short stops, Mine I used it on the first start of the day only.

Weak ignition?
inspect plug wires, connections, new plugs.
check power source, coil.

would sensors have this type of problem, or would idle be affected also?

I'd start with easy stuff first (new plugs).

Back