free website stats program Bike Won't start? | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Won't start?

07Duece

Changed bars on my 07 Duece(FXSTD). Shorted HFSM when doing this. Replaced HFSM, bike would kick over then shut off. Got Table3-25 Setting TSM/HFSM and ECM Password from local HD Dealer. Followed instructions to the "T" Now bike won't even kick over. all you hear now is the starter solenoid clicking, click, click, click? Help me get my bike running.

This may seem a little stupid, but is the battery fully charged?

I agree that those symptoms do sound like a low battery. Does the procedure you have require "marrying" the new controller to the other bike systems (i.e., sequentially turning the bike on for 10 min. three times in a row)? Without a battery tender, this may have drained the battery.

TQ

Changed bars on my 07 Duece(FXSTD). Shorted HFSM when doing this. Replaced HFSM, bike would kick over then shut off. Got Table3-25 Setting TSM/HFSM and ECM Password from local HD Dealer. Followed instructions to the "T" Now bike won't even kick over. all you hear now is the starter solenoid clicking, click, click, click? Help me get my bike running.

Remove and clean the battery terminals for openers. Don't take it for granted that they are OK. Disconnect the negative FIRST and reconnect it LAST.
You can try jumping the starter at the solenoid small wire to the big battery connection on the starter to verify the starter condition. It should crank, with the key on it should start too. Make sure you are in neutral.

You should have to do this procedure to get it started then.

Marrying NEW TSSM To Bike (password relearn) - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks, I don't take it like that some times when you are working on something, you can get so frustrated you can over look the obvious.

Back