free website stats program Bike Wont Start | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Wont Start

Deebster

I was riding and suddenly the bike went POW!!! lower lights went out ( NOT THE HIGH BEAMS ). As i was checking the bike.. realized a fuse had blown.. I changed it,,, I cleaned the ignition switch but still the same fuse would blow..
disconnected the wires connected to the oil, high lights etc indicator and the fuse then would not blow, but bike still not turning on..
I changed the Coil but there is NO sparks to the Sparkpugs but i was able to then connect the wires to the light, oil, etc indicator....
The magneto wire that connects to the coil has 3 outlets, 1 as power which is indicated on my tester, 1 as negative and the 3rd one I get no signal of energy.
I had been smelling a burnt smell by the battery, It turns out to be coming from the EDI...
Can this be the problem that is not allowing my bike to turn on?????
I would apprciate any help.

Could be cam position sensor burned up and causing no start. you can check for trouble codes through the speedo and data link have to check service or electrical manual for instructions.there may be something in self help section here

Could be cam position sensor burned up and causing no start. you can check for trouble codes through the speedo and data link have to check service or electrical manual for instructions.there may be something in self help section here
to check engine light for codes, datalink(grey plug under seat make jumper wire across pin 1and2) turn ignition on watch engine light series will start with aprox.6 rapid flashes a 2 sec rest period then count number of flashes this will be the first number of a code another 2 sec period and the sec. number will transmit . example 4 flashes=4 next 2flashes=2 thus code 42 then if more codes it will start a new series.

Back