bike wont start

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by kentucky, Mar 29, 2011.

1. kentucky

kentucky New Member

2007 sportster 883. Washed bike a week ago then started bike and put in garage. Now it will not start. Batt good (12.8) With key on the speedo lights up and taillight is on. Headlight does not come on and neutral indicator will not light up. Turn switch to run and fuel pump does nothing. Hit start button and it does nothing. I changed all fuses and relays (had some corrosion). Cleaned terminals and checked connections still nothing. Need help I dont know what else to try.

2. RANGER73

RANGER73 Member

Recheck battery connections. If nothing is lighting up check main fuse then ignition switch.
    I usually let the bike run after towel drying, to let it heat itself up enough to dry out the stuff thats not suppose to get wet.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Not trying to be smart here but have you checked the Run/OFF switch on the bars.

Also may want to recheck the accessory fuse too.

4. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I thought all HD bikes within the last few years had "forced on" headlights.
    If your headlight is forced on, check to see if BOTH Hi & Low beam are out. If so, it sounds like a major fuse is blown or not making good contact in fuse holder.. worth checking.

5. kentucky

kentucky New Member

Thanks man. pecked on ignition again today and bike started. shut it off and it wouldn't start. It (EDIT) but at least I know what my problem is.

Please read and understand the info in this link...
    [note]
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]