free website stats program Bike Won't Start... | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Won't Start...

BooBoo44

Hello All,

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I went to start the bike (2008 Fatboy) and would not crank. The lights and horn worked but when I turned it to "run" I did not hear the sound when the fuel is injected. I put the bike on charger and about 24 huors later I heard the injectors sounding but still would not turn over. It is completely silent. Could the alarm be interfering somehow? Or do I need to charge the battery longer? The bike only has about 1600 miles.

Thank you in advance.

If you hear the pump and everything works but the cranking check the battery in key Fob

Since most H-D bikes come with 2 Fobs when new...did you bring the other fob and retest if security was off and attempt to start bike? Geezer among others are eager to hear if this was the issue. And hopefully if your main B+ battery on your bike was not fully discharged over it's short life and load tests okay, it should be fine. :s

I had the same problem with the Misses old bike a sporty everything worked like it should except the bike would not start. Went and got the other fob and still the bike would not start. Ran down to the local Walgreens and bought new batteries for the fobs (CR2032) and the bike still would not start. Took bike to local dealer and they fixed my problem right their in the driveway still on the trailer. Get ready for this....you waiting for it, cause I felt like an idiot when it happened. Both batteries in the fobs where bad...but, when I put the new ones in I put them in upside side down. Needless to say the people at the dealership got a good laugh out of it so there was no charge for the service, but I felt like an idiot. Oh well at least I can laugh at it now.

With all these FOB/battey problems...kinda glad my bike diesn't have electronic security system. Initially I wanted, but these posts change my mind...

Everyone should know how to start their bike without the FOB. If you don't know the code, call the dealer you purchased the bike from and find out. Consult your user manual for instructions. It's easy and it may save you from getting towed home if you lose your FOB or the FOB battery dies.

I had the same problem with the Misses old bike a sporty everything worked like it should except the bike would not start. Went and got the other fob and still the bike would not start. Ran down to the local Walgreens and bought new batteries for the fobs (CR2032) and the bike still would not start. Took bike to local dealer and they fixed my problem right their in the driveway still on the trailer. Get ready for this....you waiting for it, cause I felt like an idiot when it happened. Both batteries in the fobs where bad...but, when I put the new ones in I put them in upside side down. Needless to say the people at the dealership got a good laugh out of it so there was no charge for the service, but I felt like an idiot. Oh well at least I can laugh at it now.

LOL I can relate to that, if thats the worst you ever do your doing ok, cheers

2+ for CH...how many of us have changed out coin batteries and put them in backwards...*silence* okay "--who will admit to it...! LOL :s

As for not having the Security Alarm/Immobilizer, with stolen bike statistics being what they are, it is a nice feature and certainly need be revisited only once every 2-3 years (for battery replacement) and beats thinking about going out to the parking space and seeing only that...:(

Back