free website stats program Bike won't start | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike won't start

colleen11

Hello, new to the forum. I can't get my 2008 Fatbob to start. I charged the battery, and each time I unlock it, my flashers start to flash and the bike won't turn over?? Any help?? Thanks.

Yes I do. I bought the bike last fall and I don't have a manual yet. I have two key fobs that are not push button. I have taken off the seat and charged the battery, every time I try to start it, I get both turn signals blinking and it won't fire.

I'm not sure, probably a few months. It was in a heated garage. I'm going to the HD shop today anyhow, I'm going to get new batteries for both FOBs. Thanks so much for the help.

I'm not sure, probably a few months. It was in a heated garage. I'm going to the HD shop today anyhow, I'm going to get new batteries for both FOBs. Thanks so much for the help.

Couple of extra things to consider. If having a problem with the sensitivity of security RF transponder, place the FOB on the seat of the bike when trying to start the engine. Also if there is a bad florescent ballast anywhere close to the bike (like in a garage directly under one), you will have problems. Try turning off the lights if florescent.

Colleen11 welcome to the forum...write down your VIN and call local HD dealer in area, you may find the original HD dealer may have your bike in their database. You can get their default manual disarm code...just in case to make life easier.

Thank you all for the help. I'm contacting my local dealer today. Unfortunately, the guy that I bought the bike off of, purchased it at an auction somewhere in Kentucky???

Thanks!

Back