free website stats program Bike won't start please help | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike won't start please help

Wbfoto

hi
I have an issue with my 2000 xlh1200 while riding on a rough rd the positive battery terminal vibrated out bike stopped dead. Reconnected alarm kept going off I disconnected battery and reconnected it alarm now stopped. Bike powers up but won't start or even wind over. I have been on the net and tryed to disarm the imobilizer tryed all the info there regarding turning ignition off n on hitting blinker switches etc dose nothing at all only turns blinkers on and off or hazard lights to flash nothing happens to the display at all. Have also left battery disconnected overnight as one post suggested so can't access pin change pin disarm imobilizer and it won't wind over. It's Xmas day here in Australia so no dealerships open for advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers..

hi
I have an issue with my 2000 xlh1200 while riding on a rough rd the positive battery terminal vibrated out bike stopped dead. Reconnected alarm kept going off I disconnected battery and reconnected it alarm now stopped. Bike powers up but won't start or even wind over. I have been on the net and tryed to disarm the imobilizer tryed all the info there regarding turning ignition off n on hitting blinker switches etc dose nothing at all only turns blinkers on and off or hazard lights to flash nothing happens to the display at all. Have also left battery disconnected overnight as one post suggested so can't access pin change pin disarm imobilizer and it won't wind over. It's Xmas day here in Australia so no dealerships open for advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers..
Check your starter relay, it might have gone bad after 18 years, if it's never been changed-out.

This problem has been fixed. Big thank you to ed ramburger for his advice. He suggested holding the fob button down for a full minute so it can re sync and it worked perfectly . Hope his advice may help someone else in the future. .. cheers

Back