free website stats program Bike will not turn over | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike will not turn over

danjambri117

I have a 1995 flhp (old police bike) The starter will not turn the engine over but the the jackshaft is kicking out to . The battery is brand new and charged

I have a 1995 flhp (old police bike) The starter will not turn the engine over but the the jackshaft is kicking out to . The battery is brand new and charged

Does motor even start to turn over? Is the jackshaft engageing but not turning the motor? And lastly have you done a load test on the battery? (I'm learning Hoople :s) I know you said hte battery is new but it wouldn't be the first time something new was defective.

Thanks for the help . No the motor does not turn over. ( I have try to push start it and the motor is turning over)and the jack shaft is engageing .I have try two batterys but I have no way to load test it .

Thanks for the help . No the motor does not turn over. ( I have try to push start it and the motor is turning over)and the jack shaft is engageing .I have try two batterys but I have no way to load test it .

Take it to AutoZone or OReillys and get them to do it.

TQ

Take it to AutoZone or OReillys and get them to do it.

TQ

Solinoid is bad. Contacts not activating starter.

If all else checks OK I believe Fritz is right. Good luck pls. let us now what you find.

Jump the starter at the battery lead to the green wire at the solenoid, Does it turn over? If not R R the solenoid. No need to replace it you can flip the copper disc and clean the battery lug on the solenoid:s

Back