free website stats program bike will not run | Harley Davidson Forums

bike will not run

nfusion

I have a 2000 electraglide had outer fairing off changed fork oil put all back together bike will not crank over to start and I have no signal lights anyone have any ideas on this I have checked it over and over cant seem to come up with a reason for this problem thanks

Since you mentioned it has an alarm system, do you have the fob close enough to the bike. I did this once, drove me crazy when I realized what the problem was.

If you disconnected the plug for the ECM make sure when you put it back together it is locked in.

Is the red key in the speedo steady on when switch is on? If yes, there is a TSSM (security) problem. Check all the fuses under the left side cover. I use a meter, because they are so small & hard to see. If all is good, the problem is almost certainly under the fairing. You may have unseated a connector, or pinched a wire. You will have to carefully check through the harness.
As always check the stop/run switch on the bars.
One more thought, does everything work normal in the various key positions (speedo lights, lights, radio,fork lock, etc). It's possible the ignition switch got out of sequence when you pulled it.

found the problem it is the bank angle sensor did a diagnostic test on it came up with code 44 bank angle sensor thanks everyone for your help

So.....you cleared the code and it's running now? What exactly did you have to do to get it to start again?

haven't got it started ya cant replace the bank angle sensor its in the tssm have to put on a new tssm and have the alarm reprogramed also at least that is what I am being told

haven't got it started ya cant replace the bank angle sensor its in the tssm have to put on a new tssm and have the alarm reprogramed also at least that is what I am being told

My thinking like others here would be: What went wrong with that sensor OR
Did it trip because you leaned the bike over?

I had my 09 King TRIP a couple of times (leaning over too far)... Uprighting the bike and placing it on the side stand,,,

I rotated the key unit On and Off a few time, clearing it and making sure the handle-bar off-on switch was left "ON" while doing the ignition key thing,,,

That allowed it to start.:newsmile047:

signed....BUBBIE

update on my problem turns out it was the security system that caused the trouble by passed it and bike fired right up. going to see if it can be reflashed or I have to by a new security system

Back