free website stats program Bike went down, HELP!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike went down, HELP!!!

virtuallj

Well i layed down my bike yesterday, it was a 4 car pile up, with me being last and sliding under the corner of an SUV. First car just slammed on brakes and chain reactoiion from there i had to hit the brakes hard, and the bike just went down and i slid, I ddint get hurt, just some minor scratches, but heres my problem, i knocked off the right rear turn light assembly, the wires were cut, i have replaced the assembly, but now the fuse keeps blowing, also the speedometer and odometer dont work either, i have checked my connections twice and found nothing wrong, i also have checked for bare wires somewhere else and found none, what now i have blow 5 fuses just trying to trouble shoot where the problem is. The bike will start and is able to be ridden just cant solve the signal problem, can anyone help or offer suggestions? Thanks

Sorry to hear about the accident but you are OK.

Check the signal wires further into the fender for grounded wires. When the light got ripped off it may have pulled on the harness and it's shorted somewhere. You could try unplugging the rear harness from under the seat and see if that isolates where the problem is.

I checked all the way into the fender on the right side when i ran the new wires for the turn signal assembly, i also pulled the harness off from under the seat and tried a fuse and it blew, the headlight works and the rear light works, also noticed theres a red light that says Harley Davidson lit on the instrument panel is this normal, i dont recall seeing it before but then again i just got the bike last Friday.

No security, i might have to take it in to be looked at i spent 6hours today messing with it. It just has me baffled.

Sorry to read about your accident. The main thing is that you are okay. Good luck tracing the electrical problem.

Back