free website stats program Bike Week | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Week

Not sure about that the days I was there the weather was great 75+ and sunny. Way too many bikes to count. Did learn valuable lesson, make sure you bring a working camera. Also saw a guy trash his VRod on the Drag racing trailer... Spent a few $$ on some items and was glad my wife gave me a limit on what I could spend. :D It was funny watching the scooters riding with the bikes.

first day i was there was the best ( Saturday afternoon ) around 80f. left on Wednesday and i think that day was pretty good but did not spend much time outside that day. I think it was Sunday that it was around 50F and windy, but like i said much better temps then i was used too anyways.

rode up early this morning, got back around 6pm, did the beach street, main street and rosmeyrs destination dayton, lots of people around, didn't see very many people walking around with bags of stuff they, most everyone looking, including myself, didn't buy a thing, the wife bought a $22 shirt, really didn't see anything that I thought was a really good deal and wanted, that was my first time there, had a good time, would like to spend couple nights next time, weather was great.

We just returned from Florida on Saturday. Got off 95 at Destination Daytona on our way down last week and was enveloped in a mass of traffic, police and people everywhere. Finally got pulled into lot driveway and the sign said $30 to park our truck and trailer. Decided the heck with this place, as we just wanted to check it out and maybe buy a T-shirt for the boys... so, we got turned around and back on 95 South to keep going to Hobe Sound where we spent the week. We took a look on the way home on this Friday and it was just as mobbed. Maybe we'll check it out some other time when it's not during Bike Week.

Well I live a couple of thousand miles away and have been praying for the Atlantic Ocean to freeze so that I can ride my Fatboy all the way to Daytona, it looks like i'll have to stick with my trip around the Emerald Isle this spring instead (Ireland). Maybe next year?

I rode down to Daytona for the latter part of the week. It was my first time there, and I really enjoyed it. I have attached a few pix.

More pix here: Harley Davidson Community

Attachments

• CIMG0042.JPG
    CIMG0042.JPG
    546.9 KB · Views: 22
  • CIMG0040.JPG
    CIMG0040.JPG
    495.5 KB · Views: 16
  • CIMG0104.JPG
    CIMG0104.JPG
    672.2 KB · Views: 20
  • CIMG0166.jpg
    CIMG0166.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 19
I went down on the fifth of March. First time and I really enjoyed it. Ready to buy a new bike. Any body interested in a 2005 Dyna Wide Glide with 4000 miles on it?:D:D

Back