free website stats program Bike Week 09 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Week 09

Straight shot down Hwy 95 from Dunn, NC. Rode it the second week in Dec. to my brothers place in South Daytona. Traffic wasn't bad except in Jacksonville. They ought to call that place Road Construction City.

What day is everyone planning on going down. We are going down on Friday (6th). If anyone else is that day maybe we could ride together.

I live in orlando. Will most likely go over a couple of times.

Wife wants to ride with me on Friday March 6th so that day for sure. Other days are up in the air. Would be good to meet up with other forum members.
May have to work on a place and time to meet up.

Current construction is from Rockledge (MM 191) to 528 (MM 205) in Cocoa, approx 14 miles, both North and South bound. The speed limit is 60... Some of the bridges are narrowed south of there.. I know Lake Washington and Eau Gallie are... The road is new, but has grooves and is not quite smooth. There are Jersey barriers on both side of the road for about 12 miles. So there is no breakdown lane.

If you are going to go US 1, I would get off at Wickham. There is construction from Eyester Blvd in Rockledge on US1 to past Barnes Ave, approx 2 miles. The road is bad with mixed paving and well as lane shifts. The traffic is bad in this area.

The area 1 mile on either side of 520 on US 1 is under construction and is really torn up. Mixed pavement, ruts, poor drainage and pot holes... Plan on waiting 3 light cycles to get thru that intersection.... There is also construction in Titusville north of Garden St on US 1.

You might as well stay on I-95 and go to route 46 then cross over to US 1. That gets you north of all the construction. Granted you will have to go thru the I-95 stuff, but IMHO, that's better than the construction on US 1...

But... garlab1, you're talking about riding I-95 from Boca thru the Palm Beaches... Now that's dangerous... I would ride thru the construction on I-95 or US 1 everyday instead of being on I-95 in your area..

Thanks for the info Lancer,

hey sleddog, I agree, I always try to stay of 95 down here, I'm out west off 441, nice ride since they widened, thinking of running that to okechobee blvd, I've been going to Rockledge weekly foer business, your right about the construction on 95 and us1, no getting away from it if your running north.

Straight shot down Hwy 95 from Dunn, NC. Rode it the second week in Dec. to my brothers place in South Daytona. Traffic wasn't bad except in Jacksonville. They ought to call that place Road Construction City.

I-95 construction through downtown J-ville where they are redoing the I-95/I-10 merge is crazy! You have a few alternatives. I-295 around the Westside or SR9A across the Dames Point bridge around to I-95 at the bottom. It's going to be much smoother transition from I-10 to I-95 N/S after the construction is done though. There were always wrecks at that intersection and the left-loop to stay on I-95 and cross the Fuller-Warren was treacherous for anyone.

For everyone's information, the 9A/I-95/I-295 mixmaster on the south end is done and makes that junction MUCH smoother.

A suggestion to everyone coming through headed for bike-week 09, check the DOT site for lane closures and traffic alerts. Last week there were 3 freakin' pages of them around here.

Thanks for the info Lancer,

hey sleddog, I agree, I always try to stay of 95 down here, I'm out west off 441, nice ride since they widened, thinking of running that to okechobee blvd, I've been going to Rockledge weekly foer business, your right about the construction on 95 and us1, no getting away from it if your running north.

That area has some good riding... I used to travel to Delray Beach everyday so I know how bad I-95 is... Maybe it would be better to run the trunpike to Indiantown. That would get you clear of all the crap from Okeechobee to past PGA. From their it's not too bad. Or you could run it all the way to Fort Pierce and jump on 95 there...

I'm going. I'll be coming from Bradenton. Have not picked the days yet, but probably middle of the week.

Back