free website stats program Bike Wash | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Wash

Irish Hog

Hey guys, got a stupid question for you. I was bored this afternoon and took a ride over to the Harley dealer and nosed around a bit. I picked up some bike wash called S-100. Apparently all you do is spray the bike down and then rinse and blow dry. Has anyone used this product?? Think it is safe for paint??. It says not to use on some parts, I was wondering what you should not use it on, it really does not say. Someone I know was talking about this stuff awhile back and said they sprayed down the entire bike and rinsed, that simple. Well if anyone has any input I would appreciate it..

It works pretty good but must be flushed very well also or it will spot. I don't use it near the top of the tank or electrical because of the flushing in that area.

S100 makes several products that work very well.
The S100 total bike cleaner works great but is costly and I think it is safe to say most of us that use it save it for when the bikes really needs it.
I keep a can in the garage.
S100 spary for the engine works well to restore and keep the black poweder coat looking new also. But Pig spit seems to work better for me and coast less for the powder coat.
Wash day its 12 years old and 46,000 mile
jack1test.jpg
So it is safe for the paint??. That is what I was concerned about. Glad to hear that you have used the product. I did not get the aerosol, I got the liquid spray bottle, not sure if there is a difference?

HD total bike care and protection package :)
Hd_care_package.JPG
Pledge?? I have never heard that one..I have heard some guys that swear by Mothers for the tank. I would not think that pledge is safe for the paint. Do you use it on the chrome aswell??

Like I said, never heard Pledge as a detailer, I am almost shocked:shock. I really take good care of our auto's, I keep both our trucks immaculate. I use a product called xzlion. It was originally designed for aircraft and commercial airlines and now is being used for autos. It does come at a prices though. One application could cost several hundred. You just wash and wax and then apply to lock it in. It is said that one application is good for five years. I have never used it on the bike, but after getting the news about pledge, I think I will give it a shot.

here is a link for xzlion there is a video in the bottom conner if anyone is interested in watching. Welcome to Xzilon

I will have to admit it. I started using Pledge on my bike a few months ago and love it. For the price you can't beat it. It really makes it look good.

Hey Smitty901... I'm glad I am not the only one using ORANGE Pledge!!!

I use the S100 too, when the bike needs a light wash.... but for a heavy duty cleaning, I am using the new Simple Green (which is actually BLUE!). It is industrial strengthe, and meets some major corporation's AIRCRAFT specs (Was it Lockheed Martin?). Safe for use on aircraft, BIKES, and boats...

Now a quick question.... I have some "older" scratches (light), and swirl marks in some of my paint.... from years ago and when I was still using clean cotton cloths, instead of microfiber. Can anyone recommend the best way to "fix" these? I though about running a clay bar over them, hoping to even out the paint (if that makes sense).

Maybe later I can post some pics of the scratches... they aren't deep or wide, but it pains my heart to see them....

Back