free website stats program Bike to Bike comunications | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike to Bike comunications

I researched and found the Blueant Interphone system. I first bought one because I am on call 24/7 for my job. I needed something that I could answer my cell with no hands. My idea was if the situation was urgent I could pull over and if not urgent I could talk and be done with it. It has worked perfectly for that purpose. My wife got the bug and bought a bike. I got a second Blueant Interphone and pared them. It's bluetooth so no wires to deal with. We can talk / coach in full duplex, no push to talk. One button to put in standby when we have nothing to say. They last a full day of riding and we have used them about a mile apart. They claim a much shorter distance. When riding together you are not that far apart usually. They reconnect when back in range if you do get separated. We have been using them for a year now trouble free. They run about $125 each and work in full or open face helmets. The noise reduction is fantastic. blueant.com.au/interphone_helmet_kit.htm here is a link the site for more info. Several internet sites sell them from $125 to $170 or so.

Heard a lot of good things about Blueant and seems to be a general consensus based on it' Bluetooth capable AND self/battery powered. The only limitation is the batteries have to be recharged at home. What type and size battery do they use?

My wife and I use an inverter to recharge ours while riding. I bought a small one that plugs into my cigerate lighter on my electra glide. I whish they had replaceable batteries but for the most part Blue ant is the best thing we found for bike to bike. Our set is about a year old now, had one speaker go bad while while on a trip to Yellowstone but was able to get a new one for about $25.00 on the internet. One thing I noticed is that recently these units are getting harder to find on the internet. It looks like they may have stopped making them.

I have the JM cb unit (that's for sale actually) and to respond to a poster above, I get much more than 1/2 mile range. In fact, from the Ultra's that I rode with, I was getting better range than they were.

I know I was getting at least 1-1/2 to 2 miles range on it depending on hills, trees etc. We were group riding and part of the group got stuck at a stop light and then in traffic. He was at least that far behind me and no one on an Ultra could hear him but me. I was relaying information to the ride leader until they got close enough to hear him.

Back