free website stats program Bike sway. | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike sway.

So when these various braces are used is it still possible to use the Pit Bull center lift safley on the bike?

The braces are usually mounted at the rear of the transmission/oil pan and generally don't effect the lifting of the bike.

If you look here
bagger-brace-full2.jpg

that channel that the brace is mounted in is where the Pit Bull lift is built to fit into.

When the lift is in the channel it keeps the bike stable, also with the brace in there when the bike is lifted it would not be level because of the piece there.

Does anyone have one of these braces and use the Pit Bull? If so I would liek to hear your thoughts.

John

The braces are usually mounted at the rear of the transmission/oil pan and generally don't effect the lifting of the bike.

That channel in the frame is where most of the kits install and to date I have never lifted a touring bike with the lift arm inside or even near covering that cross brace for balance.
Maybe a thicker pad on the front arm would balance the bike out better.

Understood but as I mentioned the lift is designed to slip in the channel to keep the bike from moving. I will have to wait and see.

The only other thing would to only ride the bike in a straight line all the time. I just know that MOCO in the future will have a huge recall and fix this problem. (joke)

On another note I think some years were alseo worse than others, my 01 Flhpi was squirly on the corners, yet my 03 Ultra was not nor my 05 RK or 07RK or 08 RK.

I thing that the 08s probably were a little better because of the added strut mounted from the front cylinder to the frame (I do think that it looks like crap though).

Thanks

That channel in the frame is where most of the kits install and to date I have never lifted a touring bike with the lift arm inside or even near covering that cross brace for balance.
Maybe a thicker pad on the front arm would balance the bike out better.

I talked to the dealer where my bike is getting fixed and he said that this is more noticeable on the bikes where harley changed the mounting where they did away with the link on top of engine between the cylinders and installed it up front where it is easier to get to and adjust. ( how my 08 is) This allows the drive train to flex more and seems to cause this condition.

So the 08's are worse and MOCO knows about it! Man its time to get sombody to start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT this is (edit). Also perhaps reporting this to http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/
in mass may help.

I talked to the dealer where my bike is getting fixed and he said that this is more noticeable on the bikes where harley changed the mounting where they did away with the link on top of engine between the cylinders and installed it up front where it is easier to get to and adjust. ( how my 08 is) This allows the drive train to flex more and seems to cause this condition.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry lost track of this one i wasnt saying everyone is overweight .. i am so it dont bother me just that most of the loacl people i talk to who have sway are bigger guys our one friend i ride with a lot is 6'0 200 pounds and dont feel the sway..

I'm 6'03" and 270lbs and have not felt it since I had my 01 FLHPI.

Sorry lost track of this one i wasnt saying everyone is overweight .. hell i am so it dont bother me just that most of the loacl people i talk to who have sway are bigger guys our one friend i ride with a lot is 6'0 200 pounds and dont feel the sway..

Back