free website stats program Bike shut down | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike shut down

I'll stop by HD shop today and get a new fuse. Is this not a sympton of something else happening? I should not be blowing fuses on a bike with less than 2K miles on it.

Took the bike in to the HD Shop Saturday for my short fuse issue. They just called me and said the bike has multiple shorts where the wires run next to the oil tank, and thus it needs a new wiring harness. According to the tech my bike is the fifth one done in the last month. He said he needs to get authorization from HD order the harness and replace it out. Also, it blew out the voltage regulator as well. Funny thing was I told the guy the symptions and he knew exactly the problem. This will be covered under the warranty, but what about folks who are out of the warranty? Sucks....

That sucks. I have never seen that happen, however I do know that Harley changed the plastic connectors and weather packs from a very easy to use functional setup to something that I consider junk to save money. That could have something to do with it. I worked on a sportster with 5 miles on it that the left side controls stopped functioning before the guy ever took the bike home. Harley will learn and hopefully not make the mistake again.

Back