free website stats program Bike Shopping? | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Shopping?

glider

Veteran Member
Dealer advertising. :D

tn322s3.jpg

I heard that my local dealer is sweating getting rid of the 2010 inventory that is on hand. Something about floor plan interest eating him alive and still he won't go below MSRP. Not long before summer is over and the 2011s will be shipping.
The economy is still in real bad shape in my neck of the woods. :(

I've seen a similar thing with a dealer in Virgina - Bayside - they have new 09s on the floor and won't go below MSRP. It will be interesting to see what they do when the 11s come in at the end of the month.

My Dealer here in Seminole FL, has gone way below MSRP. I just bought an 2010 FLHTC for $17,100.00

WOW! Now that is how to sell motorcycles in tough times right there. The closest place to me that consistantly sells new HDs at or below suggested is clear down in San Diego. That is 200+ miles for me and that is exactly where my 06 came from. 200 miles is nothing to save money. I borrowed a trailer and hauled it home. That is what you have to do these days if your name isn't Rockefeller. HD pricing and unwillingness to negotiate is why a lot of folks I know wanted a Harley and settled for a metric. Four of those work at the same place I do. The Honda dealer was clearing out the VTX 1800s and these four guys jumped on them. They all admired the three of us who have Harleys bikes, but price made the decision. We get together and do our own little road trips and the next time we do, I want to give one of them a test ride. Harley dealers need to shape up or we are going to go back to the sixties, where it was scary to think of a cross country trip, because of the huge gap in miles between dealers and parts. You really need to have a chase truck to follow for security of getting the scoot fixed or hauled home.:33:

I have two dealers in my area. One had a lot of 2010 models and I got over $1000.00 off on my new 2010 Fat Boy. This was about two weeks before the 2011 models came out.

Not much change on the 2011 Fat Boy so I figure the savings was worth it.

I think the only change was the speedo (comes with a tach).

Back