free website stats program Bike Shades are a Hit | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Shades are a Hit

zoood

Product Contributor
Bike Shades are our newest product line from RJS Originals.
We have just started receiving pictures from satisfied customers. We will be adding them to a section on our site in the near future. The picture below is an 09 Tri-glide with the Bike Shades installed. The owner mentioned that the install took him 3 minutes a side. He didn't even need to remove the lamp trim Ring to install the Shades.

Look at the top half of the passing lamps.

15737_1179283319699_1156624144_30494926_3838564_n.jpg

Bike Shades

RJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm an idiot but.....what exactly am I looking for in this picture? Can you add an arrow pointing to your product?

I know I'm an idiot but.....what exactly am I looking for in this picture? Can you add an arrow pointing to your product?

LOL your no idiot. Look at the Passing lamps. Also you can click on the Bike Shades link.

RJ

Got it! The link does a much better job of showing your product than the picture in your post, IMHO. The angle the photo was taken at makes the shades pretty much blend into the lamp unless you look real close.

Got it! The link does a much better job of showing your product than the picture in your post, IMHO. The angle the photo was taken at makes the shades pretty much blend into the lamp unless you look real close.

When you stand back about 20 feet. The shades make the passing lamps lens to look like their completely chrome. I like making additions that blend with the scoot. Not stand out like a new part that was just added. Im glad ya pointed out how they blend in. That was the original intention.

RJ

How do the effect the lighting?

they just crop off the top half of the beam. You dont loose any lighting. They reflect back inside and actually add to what emits out the bottom half. Actually brightens the foreground more. The inside of the shades have reflective qualities as well. The main thing is. When you ride in a pack. You can keep em on without worrying about blinding the guy in front. if you think about it. Without the shades on. When u add a passenger. lets say their weight makes the lamps shine an 1/8 inch higher. I know thats nothing. But thats at the lamp. 30 ft and more down the road. Their shining a heck of a lot more in height than a 1/8 inch. Also to a cager. That knows nothing of motorcycle lighting. When u go to low beam and that passing lamps switch is enabled. The passing lights come on. To the unknowing cager. They'll think your flashing them back with more hi beams. With the shades on. Like I said. It crops the top half of the beam off. there will still be some reflected light that will shine upwards. But not as profound as when there is no shades.

You can read more at this link I put up - BIKE SHADES INFO

RJ

Kinda like "sleepy" shades but with nice *shine*...a bit more functional than conventional lamp "hoods"...I like 'em!:33:

I ordered them and will let everyone know how they work out. I'm tired of cagers flashing their lights at me.

Back