free website stats program Bike seems to run hot | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike seems to run hot

doobie63

I have 2003 FLHTCI 43000 miles line in hoenix Bike seeme to run hot after about 20 minutes to city riding. spit and sputters after reaching a certain temp but will not die. If you let the bike cool down it starts right back up and runs great until reaching certain temp have replaced plugs,engine temp sensor and air intake sensor but problem keeps coming back !! Any suggestions ???

Sounds like an intake leak.Does it act like it is going to stall when cornering,but does not stall.This will cause it to run hot because You are running very lean.

I have 2003 FLHTCI 43000 miles line in hoenix Bike seeme to run hot after about 20 minutes to city riding. spit and sputters after reaching a certain temp but will not die. If you let the bike cool down it starts right back up and runs great until reaching certain temp have replaced plugs,engine temp sensor and air intake sensor but problem keeps coming back !! Any suggestions ???

Do you have a temp gauge? If not, get an infrared temp gauge; very cheap. We need to know how hot is hot. I am not convinced that temperature is the source of the problem but knowing how hot the motor gets and whether or not any work has been done recently would be helpful information.......;)

When cold......how's the idle? a smidge high? I'm on my 3rd now......Throttle Body Shaft. Slight Cough, Sputter...almost like its missing at higher speed. My idle would run from 900 to 1100 fluctuating cold. Certain temp or certain speed? ( 3rd and above)

good luck

How hot is hot? Have you checked for an intake leak? Check your gas cap also

Back