free website stats program bike sat for 2 years,now clutch wont disenguage | Harley Davidson Forums

bike sat for 2 years,now clutch wont disenguage

This is killing me.My friends 1998 fatboy sat for 2 years.It was put away with no issues.we got it up and running,but the clutch wont disenguage.Everthing seems to move ok,there is fluid in the chain case.Is it possible a ball is stuck in the ramp???

This is killing me.My friends 1998 fatboy sat for 2 years.It was put away with no issues.we got it up and running,but the clutch wont disenguage.Everthing seems to move ok,there is fluid in the chain case.Is it possible a ball is stuck in the ramp???

The clutch plates may be stuck together, you might look at dis assembly and or replacing the clutch pack Have you tried the clutch adjustment link in the self help section?

As Jack says, the plates may be stuck. You may want to pull 'em to see what's going on.

I went through the adjustment proceedure...Its still locked up

Is it the clutch or is the tranny locked in 2 gears(it can happen) How did you get it in neutral to start it?

Put the bike in high gear and rock it back and forth and if possible push it a ways. That may break the sticking clutches apart. It worked on my Father-In-Laws when I had to get his running after he passed on.

Well,I tried every "trick" to pop it free.I gave up,pulled the primary cover and pulled out the discs.first 2 came out,the rest were totally frozen.Thanks for all your advice

Alot of times the primary case gets condensation inside and makes the clutch discs stick together. Best thing to do is replace them

Back