free website stats program bike out of storage soon | Harley Davidson Forums

bike out of storage soon

bcclassic

well if the weather will cooperate i will take my 06 eg classic out of storage in 2 or 3 weeks.i changed the oil and filter the day before it went into storage the beginning of november with a hd filter and mobil 1 v twin 20-50.do you guys think i should change it before i ride this spring?

I would say no, your go to go. You changed it before storage so any grit or dirt would not settle during the storage months. With a nice clean filter and a full tank of gas. Safe riding. Hopefully in 3 weeks some of this dang snow will melt. I say my bike will be stored at least another month. Also on that first ride of the season, weather pending, I like to ride at least long enough to burn half a tank. Got to get some fresh food in her. I'll usually put a dab of stable in her every two tank fulls or so year round.

HA!!! beat ya! got out last Sunday,after 3 months of cage and lousy cold wet weather.I can say with some authority,you'll really enjoy that first ride of the year!Rida safe,ride far.

I'm lucky enough not to have to store mine either. I would say you are ready to ride when the weather straightens up.

It's probably overkill,but I run one tank of fuel out in the spring,then I change out my oil:D

Re:BIKE NIGHT

Just got back from bike night 200 plus bikes 82 deg today still about 65 deg did not want to come home, but i have to get up at 5 am :wall.... I love TEXAS:D:D

It's probably overkill,but I run one tank of fuel out in the spring,then I change out my oil:D

Do you just change the oil or do you also put on a new filter. Now that to me might be overkill. But then again, it is our baby.

Do you just change the oil or do you also put on a new filter. Now that to me might be overkill. But then again, it is our baby.

I never change the oil without changing the filter:s

Back