free website stats program bike missing | Harley Davidson Forums

bike missing

4t9erfan

i have a 2008 hd ultra i put a pair of basic v&h slipons on the bike about 15 mo ago the hd dealer told me if that was all i changed i did not need to do any thing else now i have a miss in it when i start the bike it does not idle right it acts like it is chocking and i have to rev it up a bit to make it idle right any one have any clue to what is wrong

The mufflers would not cause missfire. Is check engine light illuminated. If so check for codes.
Here how: 09-08-07 DTC Codes - Harley Davidson Community
If no light how long ago did you fill up? Maybe bad gas. If so try Sea foam to corrrect.
Also check air cleaner and how long since plugs changed?????

2008 should be fuel injected - shouldn't have to blip the throttle or anything else to get a nice, smooth idle. Slip ons with no additional fuel will make the bike slightly leaner than stock but I still don't see that causing the problem you're describing.

Have you checked for any codes? Have you done ANY other mods or additions just prior to this condition starting?

i have no lite and i am on my 2 tank of gas,had oxygen censor code have not changed plugs i only have 7700 miles on bike

Long shot but try this...

Don't touch the throttle .. kill switch in the run position ...
Turn ignition switch on, wait for engine light to go off, turn ignition off.
Do this 4 times, then start the engine. This resets the computer.

Then try starting it up and see what happens.

i have no lite and i am on my 2 tank of gas,had oxygen censor code have not changed plugs i only have 7700 miles on bike

A defective O2 sensor could cause that cylinder to run too rich or lean depending on if it failed open or at a fixed resistance.
Also, lets not forget about the great fuel filter fiasco with the 08's. If that canister is not tight it could cause this type problem
Then there is also the hole in the front top of the throttle body that feeds the IAC....if it is gummed up, the idle will be affected.
Hope this helps.

Back