free website stats program Bike misses and stumbles | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike misses and stumbles

HD01FLHTC009.gif

# 10 is your regulator

My mistake, on this model there is a return line. I seem to have a fuel regulator inside the tank like the 2002 models do. Talked to HD they are as confused as I am! The 2001 model has an external regulator. I will take tank off and check fuel injectors with a meter and plug wires and injectors and wires for a fault. I keep hearing from my local dealer that the 2001 injection had lots of problems even suggesting return to a carb bike, but this bike has 70000 miles without serious problems.

1st things 1st.
If you have a late model 2001, it may me possible that you have a Delphi instead of the M-M fuel system (good). Figure out which you have before going further.

1st things 1st.
If you have a late model 2001, it may me possible that you have a Delphi instead of the M-M fuel system (good). Figure out which you have before going further.

HD02FLHR009.gif

Delphi induction module

You might want to do the wiggle test on the injector wires and see if that helps before you go through the work of removing the tank.

You might want to do the wiggle test on the injector wires and see if that helps before you go through the work of removing the tank.

Jeff, I agree with you but would like to know why the OP has a Delphi style fuel pump assembly with the regulator in the tank....there shouldn't be any fuel leaks there. Why not follow that to conclusion before going any further?

Back