free website stats program Bike misses and stumbles | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike misses and stumbles

Pulled fuel assembly, one of the lines did not have a clamp and came loose when I pulled out of the tank. Don't see any holes in the lines but the loose line was probably causing a pressure drop to the one cylinder. Will update when I put back together!

If you heard/saw bubbles in the tank you have a hole or the clamp being loose was the cause of the bubbles. Either way you arent getting the fuel pressure you need.

You would be best served to replace the stock lines in that tank with submersible chemical resistant fuel line since you have it out.

My mistake, on this model there is a return line. I seem to have a fuel regulator inside the tank like the 2002 models do. Talked to HD they are as confused as I am! The 2001 model has an external regulator. I will take tank off and check fuel injectors with a meter and plug wires and injectors and wires for a fault. I keep hearing from my local dealer that the 2001 injection had lots of problems even suggesting return to a carb bike, but this bike has 70000 miles without serious problems.

Back