Bike Lift

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by 4fun, Jul 19, 2010.

1. 4fun

4fun Member

Just as a heads up, Harbor Frieght is having a sale on their motor cycle lift until 7/25/10. Its on sale for $69.99!

How can you go wrong at that price.

Ooops, title should have said Bike Lift. Fingers ar faster then the brian

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
  2. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

they will try to sell u the extended warranty 20.00 tell them no .they will finally give it to u for 2.00....

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

That's the one I have. Works good so far but lowers a little faster than I like. Pretty much use to in now.

4. helo

helo New Member

Thanks, Does this lift need to be modified to work on a Dyna?

5. dr robert

dr robert Active Member

I think it does need to be modified. I read somewhere about using a 2x4 to mount to the lift for the left side of the dyna frame. Try a search for it on this forum, and let us know.

6. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I have been down that road with the Yellow Jack on a Dyna Frame. It really does not lend well at all to that frame. I gave up and gave the jack to a friend who had an XL. On that frame it worked well.

7. DDogg

DDogg Junior Member

I also have the yellow lift. Bought the lift blocks from HD for my Dyna. I just don't trust it. Lifted the bike once and it just didn't look right. Haven't used it since. 700lbs sitting on these little 2x4 blocks just doesn't seem right. I'm still searching for a lift for my Dyna that holds my bike up on the frame and not a couple little blocks.

8. Nuke99

Nuke99 Member

DDogg, look at a J&S jack. A little more money but lifts a Dyna perfectly with no adapters. Very stable. I also had one of the other style jacks and could not bear to leave the Dyna on it with the adapters. Sold it and bought the J&S. There is a lot of information in the self-help section on jacks.

9. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

Like Nuke says, J&S. Unfortunately for me, before I finally purchased the J&S, I bought another jack (Lorin) which was even more money wasted.

I installed my SE compensator while my bike was on my J&S. Installed and tightened my SE compensator bolt to 140#s while the bike was up on the jack with no problems.

10. wildman9

wildman9 Active Member

I am also very happy with my J & S jack