free website stats program Bike Lift | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Lift

You'll usually find that using the handle to maneuver the bike around while up in the air usually results in the handle or the weld to break in time. It looks great but doesn't stand up well to the weight of the bike on the jack. Use the handle to move just the jack and if the bike is on the jack, give it some assistance using the jack frame itself and not entirely just the handle.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a used jack for "cheap" from a fellow who was selling off all his motorcycle gear.

It is manufactured by a company called Torin and appears very sturdy with automatic locks that engage as you raise the lift. It also has outriggers that can extend out from the sides for extra stability.

I have tried it out on the Electra-Glide and am very happy with how it works. Very solid and stable. This is going to make cleaning and maintanence much more enjoyable, especially trying to clean the rear wheel area.

Although I got a great deal buying used, I would not hesitate to spend a few hundred bucks to buy a new one now that know how well it works.

I have two of the yellow ones I like mine some do not like most things different points of view That was just to show How stable it really is sitting on it with bike lifted up.

Looks more to me like you laid some tools on the floor to make it look good then climbed on and was dong the BRUMMMMM, BRUMMMMM thing :lolrolling

Thanks Hobbit,
I checked Machine Mart as you suggested, it turns out that their lift (pic enclosed) has the smallest minimum height with 105mm and it will fit nicely under the Sporty at 111mm, both Torin ones in the pics are a little on the tight side at 120 and 140mm.
It's a little more expensive than the other two.
I have put in my order and look forward to delivery and to getting the bike off the ground (without being on it!)

Attachments

• 020110392.jpg
    020110392.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 10
Back