free website stats program Bike Lift | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Lift

I had a Deluxe. I had to drive the front tire up on a 2x4 to allow room to get my jack under it. The Deluxe is the lowest stock HD made. I miss that bike, wish I could have afforded two!

I have never strapped my bike down and have never had a problem. How many others don't strap their bikes on a lift?

I know this is silly, but why not use the safety straps...it only takes a minute for peace of mind. A $30K bike on a $150 stand...only has to fall ONCE to make a believer...who was the poster that had one fall off? :newsmile017:

Probably a good time to look in Webster's dictionary the definition of accident...bet you won't find one for preventable accident...or recite any of the defining expletives following one, without being banned by Glider anyway!:D

Last edited:
I need blocks for my Dyna, but hard to find. Once I get FatBob on the Hoist, I can't have to many straps. Also going to mount an eye bolt to the garage wall and secure it to the wall also. Can't be to saft with 700lbs sitting high enough off the cement floor to where if an accident did happen, it would cost me a heck of alot more than the 6 straps I bought.
Also I forgot who told me about the riser blocks needed for the Dyna's, I want to thank you again. I've gone to two dealers with no luck. Might have to purchase them on line.

I have used jacks, ramps and axle stands on 4 wheeled vehicles but I am new to jacks, stands and lifts on bikes, I am curious as to where you actually place the devices on the bike to avoid causing damage to the underside and keep the bike steady when lifted.
I am thinking of getting a pair of paddock stands as they seem the easiest and possibly the safest way to keep the bike of the ground; am I right?

I have used jacks, ramps and axle stands on 4 wheeled vehicles but I am new to jacks, stands and lifts on bikes, I am curious as to where you actually place the devices on the bike to avoid causing damage to the underside and keep the bike steady when lifted.
I am thinking of getting a pair of paddock stands as they seem the easiest and possibly the safest way to keep the bike of the ground; am I right?

Romain, paddock stands are handy but a lift allows you to work at the bike way more comfortably, even simple tasks like cleaning are made easy. Well worth getting one, I've used them for years and have never had any unfortunate accidents.

Romain, paddock stands are handy but a lift allows you to work at the bike way more comfortably, even simple tasks like cleaning are made easy. Well worth getting one, I've used them for years and have never had any unfortunate accidents.

Thank. Following your advice I have reconsidered and on checking suppliers in the UK I have found two lift that are suitable to take the weight of the bike (pics below). They are both in the same price range and both seem to do pretty much the same thing. Is one type preferable to the other?

Attachments

• Torin Americana.jpg
    Torin Americana.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Torin Big Red.jpg
    Torin Big Red.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 23
Thank. Following your advice I have reconsidered and on checking suppliers in the UK I have found two lift that are suitable to take the weight of the bike (pics below). They are both in the same price range and both seem to do pretty much the same thing. Is one type preferable to the other?

They are all pretty much the same quality, just small variations in their lifting range so go for the one that suits your budget and make sure you get some straps for it.

They are all pretty much the same quality, just small variations in their lifting range so go for the one that suits your budget and make sure you get some straps for it.

The one thing I have found that varies with brands and price is the minimum lift height. The cheaper versions run about 4.5-5 inches minimum. Some versions get down to 2-3.5 inches. So your choice and cost depends on your bike model. I have a 4.5 inch minimum and it will fit under my Dyna and Ultra, but requires a little jockeying to get everything set for the lift, especially on the Dyna.

Ron

The lift on the left is simular to mine, with my RKC on it with staps, we raised it to the max about 12 inches between bottom of tire and ground, we shook the crap out of the bike to see what would happen, mine was very stable, than we spun it arround a few times. I use it under my ultra also

I agree. The picture of the jack on the left (with the handle) also doubles as a dolly. I bought one from Sears for around $90 and use it to store my bike up against a wall in my garage. It is also great for turning the bike 180 degrees in narrow garages; it allows me to drive in and drive out of my garage!

Back