free website stats program Bike Lift which one? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Lift which one?

With the Torin Jack is it easy to move the bike around on. I thought about buying one, I have a tight storage spot in my garage and I can't seem to maneuver the bike into.

The short answer, which ever one fits your application and pocketbook...lowerst height Lorin, lowest price probably Harbor Freight or similar...up to the most expensive...the HD mechanical at just over $350, simple, effective but very expensive...

Best one for you, again the one that fits plain and simple...

Bike Lifts - Archive - Harley Davidson Community

I originally purchased the Yellow Harbor Freight to use on a Stock Dyna Low and it worked Very well. I then lowered the Rear Only 1" and now the jack no longer slides under the bike. So I went out and purchased the Lorin (low 2.5") to the tune of almost $200 (w/shipping) and am VERY disappointed in the Quality. Yes, it is very low and Easily goes under the bike even while using the HD orange snap on frame blocks, but what a cheaply made Jack. The Harbor Freight beats the Lorin "Quality Wise" Hands Down.

I went to the local HD dealer to look at the $400 HD leadscrew (non-hydraulic) jack but they did not have one on display. You have to use the lifting blocks or else your crushing vital parts with the jacks. I don't think the HD leadscrew jack will fit under a 1" lowered FXDL while using the lifting blocks. All would have been OK if I did not lower the bike by 1".
It's ALWAYS a problem once you modify something.

It's back to the drawing board for me & a Big Heads Up to All on the Quality of the Lorin.. So don't be surprised when you open the box and use it.

Hoop!

J&S lift and I might just be selling mine....

The "Big Wheel" lift comes with:

FOUR LARGE 3" ALBION ALL ROLLER BEARING PHENOLIC WHEELS
1 3/4" WIDE RUBBER COATED LIFT TABLES
Dimensions are 37" long x 24" wide
6 TON BOTTLE JACK
2000# CAPACITY
TWO STOP BOLTS to keep your bike from rolling away on a pitched surface.
5 POSTION SAFETY STOPS
POWDER COAT PAINT
GRADE 5 HARDWARE
UNHEARD OF STABILITY (you have seen our demonstrations at shows throughout the country)
LOW PROFILE (4" fits under bikes with 1" lowering kits)
* FULL LIFT HEIGHT is 18"
NO ADAPTERS NEEDED FOR ANY HARLEY-DAVIDSON BIG TWIN (includes Dyna models)
EACH LIFT INDIVIDUALLY HAND MADE
ALL UNITS FACTORY TESTED
ALL MIG WELDED CONSTRUCTION

will fit under your lowered bike! GREAT lift, no straps needed and it really does what the company claims!

disagree....we have lifted both our bikes over and over, great for cleaning those hard to see areas...and I even have sat on the bike after being lifted...you need to place it as the company recommends under the frame...stable and sturdy...seriously the J&S lift when used correctly is so easy and convenient...no straps and I will swear by that! Makes for real easy oil changes too! The placement for a dyna is a little different than the softail but very straight forward instructions.

Back