free website stats program Bike lift horror stories! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike lift horror stories!

I have never had any bike at any dealers for anything but once or twice car dealers have tried to stitch me up over something you just have to be on your guard
i currently use local ford dealer i fix their computer systems and know all the staff it does help

Brian

I agree, in all my years of racking cars @ work I have never dropped one, and if I did I sure would not make excuses or want the customer to pay

LOL, no they wanted me to pay for the damage to my bike, it got pretty ugly, I used some strong language with the service manager, they wanted to put on after market parts to boot

LOL, that has got to be the best one I have heard yet. I surmise you don't go to that Dealer anymore. And I'll bet you do your best to give them a certain type of advertising every chance you get.

If that ever happens again just tell them your Brother in Law is a lawyer, that will call their bluff.

LOL, that has got to be the best one I have heard yet. I surmise you don't go to that Dealer anymore. And I'll bet you do your best to give them a certain type of advertising every chance you get.

If that ever happens again just tell them your Brother in Law is a lawyer, that will call their bluff.

No I sure dont they are in Minnesota, and have since moved to a new location there too:p

Knock on wood...my biggest horror story is when I park the bike from Nov - Apr for winter hibernation...;)

DrEvil:

Member, Michigan Patriot Guard Riders - To Say, Thank's for Your Service

Where in SW Michigan? I grew up in SW Michigan and rode all over that State on the back of my Dad's 1976 ElectraGlide - which he still has!

DrEvil:

Member, Michigan Patriot Guard Riders - To Say, Than while my ride was stored k's for Your Service

Where in SW Michigan? I grew up in SW Michigan and rode all over that State on the back of my Dad's 1976 ElectraGlide - which he still has!

I'll shoot you a pm.

My wife bumped the engine guard with her car last winter, she moved the bike and stand about 6 inches. Now I store it off site, much safer, but I can't visit every day.

I had a Hayabusa on a lift and I was on the bike when the axle stand came off one side but not the other. I could not do anything because I was holding the bike from falling so I had to scream for my wife and it took her about 5 minute or so to finally hear me.

Once I put my late wife's sportster on a craftsman jack to clean it. I strapped it up and it still fell down. Then the jack got jammed in the frame. One that tops that one is when I just finnished painting the frame and restoring my old Ironhead when I was going to put it up on my new and improved turntable. I bolted a Harbor Frieght motorcycle dolly to the top of the turntable, then placed a ramp in front of it. Rode the bike right up onto the dolly then the whole thing teter,tottered. Jammed the dolly into the frame and fender. Had to wrestle it off myself. I then had a co worker tell me a few days later that "haste makes waste". I haven't talked to him since. Guess I should have blocked it up! I have since and the turntable is for sale. The bike goes right up one person no problem.

Attachments

• PC280089.jpg
    PC280089.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 58
  • PC280086.jpg
    PC280086.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 55
  • P1090011.jpg
    P1090011.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 52
Back