free website stats program Bike lift horror stories! | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike lift horror stories!

doctordoug

Account Removed
Come on and let us know the worst thing that has happened when you were using your lift or jack. Has it changed your mind about ever using one again? I have a Pitbull with no problems but we all love to see and hear about problems and what can be done to avoid them. Include pictures of the pitiful mess if you have any.:nosad

Mine is so not terrible. My husband put it on the lift so I could clean her, etc. The next day I wanted to take her for a ride. I put the lift down, straddled the seat, and realized there wasn't enough room for my feet on the lift, and I couldn't reach the floor. Ugh!! No ride until my husband came home. She has NEVER been back on the lift. I'll sit on the cold, concrete garage floor to clean her before she will go back on the lift! :newsmile01:

I had it on the lift and had let it down slightly to rest on the safety stop. When I went to raise it to get it off the safety it didn't budge. I had to use another jack and with the help of my step son drop it 2 feet. Fortunately no damage was done. Since then I've been reluctant to use it - Bob

Once I had her on the lift, parts just started falling off;)
View attachment 9235

I've seen this before. I think it has something to do with the amount of catalogs being in close proximity to your easyboy recliner. I don't think it's isolated to any one region, but it does seem to esculate in the winter months. There is no known cure.:D

Was servicing front brakes while on lift and did not loosen caliper pins with bike on floor. Guess who almost ended up under 800 pounds of Harley. Should have had the straps tighter......

I had a 1980 FLH @ a dealer ship for some work, it fell off the hoist when it mal functioned, wrecking the right side of the bike. They wanted me to pay for the repairs:p

I had a 1980 FLH @ a dealer ship for some work, it fell off the hoist when it mal functioned, wrecking the right side of the bike. They wanted me to pay for the repairs:p

The dealer wanted you to pay for the repairs to their hoist because your bike broke it ? :p

Brian

The dealer wanted you to pay for the repairs to their hoist because your bike broke it ? :p

Brian

LOL, no they wanted me to pay for the damage to my bike, it got pretty ugly, I used some strong language with the service manager, they wanted to put on after market parts to boot

I have never had any bike at any dealers for anything but once or twice car dealers have tried to stitch me up over something you just have to be on your guard
i currently use local ford dealer i fix their computer systems and know all the staff it does help

Brian

Back