free website stats program Bike just quit last night!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike just quit last night!!!

Fuzzman

Account Removed
Riding home last night, and my bike just quit. No power, or anything! Let it sit for a minute, and it fired back up, luckily. My clock quit and everything. So I wasn't getting any power.:newsmile038: Any input would help. Thanks, Fuzz

They say I'm not riding the bike enough to keep the battery charged. Is there any truth in that. 2 miles a day and parked for 9 hours. And than back home, and parked for 8.

If that is the case I would recomend you hop on down to your local Walmart and pick up a Schumacher Battery Companion-$18. Or you could go to you H D dealer and get a Battery Tender Plus for about $60. They do the same thing.

They say I'm not riding the bike enough to keep the battery charged. Is there any truth in that. 2 miles a day and parked for 9 hours. And than back home, and parked for 8.

I don't buy it. on an older bike yes but these new ones charge pretty good....I would say it was or is more than likely a loose battery connection if they're saying your bike died because of a dead battery. that would cause it not to charge properly and possibly die going down the road. I think if it was due to "not riding far enough" you would have had a problem trying to start it after sitting at work or home all day after the short trip
JMHO.
and by the way there are other places to buy a battery tender besides the dealer.

Back