Bike just quit last night!!!

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Fuzzman, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Fuzzman

Fuzzman Account Removed

Riding home last night, and my bike just quit. No power, or anything! Let it sit for a minute, and it fired back up, luckily. My clock quit and everything. So I wasn't getting any power.:newsmile038: Any input would help. Thanks, Fuzz

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

First thing to check is the battery terminals to see if they are tight and clean.

3. Fuzzman

Fuzzman Account Removed

Thanks guys, as always you two seem to know. Thanks, Fuzz

4. Fuzzman

Fuzzman Account Removed

They say I'm not riding the bike enough to keep the battery charged. Is there any truth in that. 2 miles a day and parked for 9 hours. And than back home, and parked for 8.

5. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

If that is the case I would recomend you hop on down to your local Walmart and pick up a Schumacher Battery Companion-$18. Or you could go to you H D dealer and get a Battery Tender Plus for about $60. They do the same thing.

6. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

Any chance this is one of those 50 amp fuse or ignition switch problems.

7. wildspirit97

wildspirit97 Senior Member

I don't buy it. on an older bike yes but these new ones charge pretty good....I would say it was or is more than likely a loose battery connection if they're saying your bike died because of a dead battery. that would cause it not to charge properly and possibly die going down the road. I think if it was due to "not riding far enough" you would have had a problem trying to start it after sitting at work or home all day after the short trip
    JMHO.
    and by the way there are other places to buy a battery tender besides the dealer.