free website stats program Bike Is Parked For Now!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Is Parked For Now!!

I'll never shake my head & laugh at hubby again for insisting that we keep several 5 gallon fuel cans filled, we have a rotation system for using them to keep the fuel rotated. Yes, this includes diesel for the tractor at the farm. He also likes to keep all of the vehicles parked near full in case something should happen & we need to escape to the farm for days. :D I used to think he was just overly paranoid, but I'm starting to think that it may happen some day. Fortunately, I have a habit of keeping the car gassed, I just hate having to stop at the gas station before I go somewhere.

Hate to bring more bad news, but I just read an article out of USA Today that said the shortage in the southeast will likely last another 2-4 weeks. Said that is the only area in the country that has no major gasoline storage facilities, and depends solely on a pipeline for their needs. The article also said part of the problem is the refineries were just coming back online after being shut down for Gustav when they had to shut down again for Ike.

Back