free website stats program Bike Insurance | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Insurance

I pay $287 a year for '07 street glide (100/300,$250 deduct), but my house and 5 vehicles are with their company. (Farmer Insurance Group)

That's the trick. I pay 500 a year for '08 FatBob (100/300, $250 deduct) with Harley.
I also have State Farm for my cages and house. But State Farm would not cover me on my bike until I got a cycle license. Harley insurance gave me 30 days to enroll and receive my license. I asked State Farm how the heck do I pick up my bike if I don't have insurance. They would not cover me until I received the CY. Also State Farm wanted 750 a year versus 500 from Harley. I haven't had a ticket in over 30 years.
Keeping all you wheels under one insurance company does give you a break. I tried.

I pay $261 a year with full coverage a year. I pay this steep bill all at once. I know myself that keeping coverage all year is a must. You never know when you might trailer up and go down south for two weeks in January or February. There are also those freak days in January here that the temps hit the 60's..It is always nice to go jump on and take a spin when you get these days in mid winter..

Cost of course is important but nothing trumps service! I had Geico when I was hit by a car in a hit and run. They were horrible. I had to call and call to get my bike fixed. The adjuster never called the local harley shop I was going to have fix the bike to get prices. The adjuster was a liar. They say that they care about bikers because they are bikers. I call B.S. the adjuster never rode a bike in his life and had no interest in helping me. Their commercials are opposite of what I experienced. I switched to Progressive which the service manager at the local dealer suggested. I trust him.

In fact I spent so much time at the dealer trying to get everything taken care of that I bought a new bike. I was so frustrated with Geico. My local service manager was awesome, unfortunately he left and took another job.

I also had Progressive and payed $800 a year for the 07 RK with full coverage.

Thanks for he explanation.

I now have progressive and pay about the same on 08 Cross bones with full coverage. I have it for all 12 months as we get warm days and unless it is below freezing and/or raining I'm riding.

Back