free website stats program Bike hauler | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike hauler

atm33

Anyone use one of these bike haulers and care to share your thoughts on them? It just holds the front wheel while the rear wheel remains on the road. I just want an emergency way of getting the bike home in case of a problem, and don't want the cost of a trailer or to have to store it somewhere and title/tags, etc. I wouldn't use it for long trips or anything like that; don't think I would trust it. Plus I don't think backing up would be very easy.

Attachments

• Handi Hauler.jpg
    Handi Hauler.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 54
Lots of wear on the rear tire.
Looks like lifting the front end into the carrier would be tough.
You'd need help because I know I'd never be able to lift my bikes front wheel into the carrier.

Would never use it, even if someone gave me one.
Rather put it in the bed of the pickup shown.

Might be good for an emergency real short hop. The fabrication looks strong enough.

Steve
How many times does a person need an emergency short hop hauler?
Something to trip over in the garage?

I've never needed my bike hauled anywhere.

If I need a haul while on the road, that's what my HOG membership is good for.

Anyone use one of these bike haulers and care to share your thoughts on them? It just holds the front wheel while the rear wheel remains on the road. I just want an emergency way of getting the bike home in case of a problem, and don't want the cost of a trailer or to have to store it somewhere and title/tags, etc. I wouldn't use it for long trips or anything like that; don't think I would trust it. Plus I don't think backing up would be very easy.
years ago ,my son wanted to bring his honda down here from w. va . my wife allready had my truck full of antiques . so took the front wheel off the bike and ran the axle through the reciever ( with the right amount of spacers) used some tie downs from the handlebars to the bumper and it pulled great for 950 miles. but there was no backing up, cause it wanted to lay down and go under the truck . so if you are not backing up ?? maybe???????? dont forget i was pulling a small honda not a harley. what about towing insurance, its on my policy.

Hmm...
Interesting design. Looks like it would take a couple of strong dudes to lift it into place. I'd only use it in case of emergency.
WAP.gif

Back